The Chateau de Chillon or Chillon Castle can be found on the eastern fringe of Lake Geneva in Montreux, Switzerland. Chateau de Chillon is an enourmous castle consisting of 100 independent buildings linked together.
The construction date of the castle are not known, but the first recorded entry dates back to either 1005 or 1160. In the 12th century the castle served as the home to the Counts of Savoy, and in the 13th century, the Chateau was further expanded by Pietro II.
The castle was made famous by the 19th century poet Lord Byron in his much acclaimed poem, The Prisoner of Chillon.
Chillon Castle is a major attraction along Lake Geneva. It features a museum, which is open to the public, the museum houses a collection of historical objects safeguarded through the years.