The Nymphenburg Palace, located in Munich, Bavaria, Germany, is a decorated palace and also the Bavarian rulers summer residence.
Ferdinand Maria and Henrietta built the Nymphenburg Palace after their son’s birth in the year 1664. Agostino Barelli, an Italian architect, designed the Nymphenburg Palace. The palace was built in several years, in the year 1675 the construction of the innermost pavilion was finished.
In the year 1701, Max Emanuel, a Bavarian emperor thought of expanding the palace. As a result, two more pavilions were built in the north and south directions of the palace by Giovanni Antonio Viscardi and Enrico Zucalli. In addition, the south block was extended, a hall was built, and an Orangerie was added to the north block. Also, an impressive circle with decorative mansions was added by Roman Emperor Charles Albert VII, Max Emanuel’s son.
In the year 1716, the front face of the central pavilion was redesigned, by Joseph Effner, in a French decorative style. The final structure of the Nymphenburg Palace was completed in the year 1741, by the King Charles Albert, who was associated with Spain and France. The palace had been a summer residence for the Bavarian rulers for a long period.
There is a park in the palace that premises about 490 acres. The park was built by Dominique Girard in a French style, but in the 19th century, the park was redesigned into the English style by Friedrich Ludwig Von Sckell. A long canal intersects the park, which guides from the palace towards the Deities of Greek Gods.
Today, the Nymphenburg Palace is the most famous spot in Munich. The stone hall, with its roof and the decorations, delivers an impressive view and a majority of the rooms display the ornamental decoration in a neoclassical style.