Ordino is the largest parish in Andorra in terms of area but has the lowest population with barely over 3,000 people. It is located at 9m kilometers north of Andorra’s capital. The parish lies at the foot of a Casamanya, a mountain that is located in the center of the country. Needless to say, the summit of the mountain provides an awesome view of Andorra. There are many old churches in Ordino that are very popular for tourists interested in religious attractions.
Places to visit:
• Church of Sant Marti – It is open from 10am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm during July and August. For the rest of the year, the church only opens during mass. It contains a collection of interesting wall paintings, particularly of Sant Serni De Nagol.
• Church of Sant Cerni – Another Romansque church that has been around since the late 17th century. It only opens during mass hours.
• Church of Sant Corneli and Sant Cebrià – Located in the town square, this church was built during the medieval era and has undergone some changes throughout the years. Like the Church of Sant Marti, it is open from 10am to 1pm and 3pm to 7pm during July and August but it closed most of the time for the rest of the year.
Things to do:
• Due to its location, ski resorts in Ordino have good quality snow, perfect for skiing and snowboarding. Similar to the family-oriented Arinsal, Ordino has reliable day care facilities.
• Since it’s only a few kilometers away from Andorra La Vella, you can go to the capital for a shopping. Thanks to the duty-free status of the country, you can find a many cheap but good quality items.