Sliema is a major commercial and residential area in Malta. It is the neighboring city of St. Julian’s and houses some of Malta’s most modern hotels.
Sliema means peace or comfort and is once a fishing village. During the British period, it became a popular summer destination for the wealthier people of Valletta.
Travelling is much more enjoyable with fine dining. Here are the restaurants that you can visit in Sliema:
1. Ristorante Fumia This restaurant is regarded as the best in Sliema. It offers the finest Italian seafood cuisines and is guaranteed to satisfy your palette.
2. The Peak Oriental Restaurant It offers Oriental foods with much emphasis on Cantonese dishes. The place has a lovely view of the harbor that you will surely appreciate while dining.
3. Giorgio’s Restaurant and Café Located across the waterfront in Sliema, this restaurant can give you a nice treat and a great view. It specializes in Maltese foods and pastries and is notable for its cleanliness and coziness.
4. T.G.I. Friday’s Restaurant Western cuisine at its finest. Offers great service and good view. If you are wanted to taste something familiar and experience the view of the waterfront, then you should visit this one.
Snorkeling and scuba diving is the most usual activity that you can engage in. Shopping is also a good idea since there are many trendy shops and boutiques in this city.
You can also visit the following places in Sliema:
1. Palazzo Capua A recently restored palace that seats in the quiet residential area of Sliema.
2. The Stella Maris Church The mother parish in the town of Sliema. It was dedicated to Our Lady Star of the Sea and is considered as the oldest Catholic Church.